Get more days for more joy. Each day is full of adventures in our trekking tours. This 14 days will give you unforgettable memories and delightful feelings. Enjoy the heights of Armenian mountains with Arevi.
Classic city tour
The climb to Geghama Mountains starts from the Village Sevaberd. After crossing about 12km road, participants reach Lake Akna. Overnight: Lake Akna. Camp and other items will be transported by off-road vehicles.
Route length - 10km Height variation: Lake Akna- 3030m Azhdahak- 3597m Azhdahak Camp 3100m. As per wish of participants, it is possible to reach the pick of Mount Tar by 30 minutes long hike from Azhdahak and see Crater Lake of the Mount as well.
The Route length – 15km Height variation: Azhdahak Camp 3100m Vanki Lake -2800m. Geghard platou-2200. An overnight stay will be held in Geghard Plateau.
The route length – 10km: Height variation: Geghard platou-2200 Garni gorge-1330 Garni tample-1400. An overnight stay will be held in Yerevan City.
Tour to the Lake Sevan will start in the morning. Lunch to be arranged during the tour. Overnight in Sevan .
The route is continued to Sevanavank monastery, and then north-eastern part of the road of Geghama Mountain ranges leads to Vartenyats mountain pass, where one of the Karavanatuns of the Silk Road is located. Then continue to Goris. Overnight: Goris
The vehicle route leads from Goris to Kapan, then Baghabourj Village. Participants start hiking from the village to the camping place. Hiking length – 8km Height variation: Baghabourj Village – 1100m Camping place – 2100m
Participants start climbing to the top of the mountain from the camp. The pick has a magnificent scene to many gorges, forests and etc. An overnight stay will be held again in the same camp. Hiking length – 15km, Height variation: Camping place – 2100m;
Early in the morning, after the breakfast, participants start hiking from the camp to the village, where from transported to Sisian by vehicle. An overnight stay will be held in the hotel located in Sisian town.
Participants go to Zorats Karer from Sisian, which considered as one of the world’s earliest observatories for its age (7500 years old). An overnight stay will be held in Yerevan.
Echmiatsin is located 30 mins away from Yerevan. This former capital is now home to the Supreme Catholicos of the Armenian Apostolic Orthodox faith. After lunch participants will be transported to Kari Lake (3207m) by vehicle. Dinner and overnight in camp
From Kari lake participantes will start hiking to the Southern peak of Aragats Mountain (3879m). According to wish of participants and depending on weather conditions, it may be possible to climb up to Western Peak as well. Return to Yerevan.
- during the hiking, all items are transported by 4x4 vehicles. Hence participants should have only small backpack, with up to 30 liter capacity;
- for each 6-8 tourists, one guide service is required;
- during hiking routes, lunch breaks will be held in field conditions by pre-prepared food packages;
- breakfasts and dinners will be held in the camp by cook and served in the big tent;
- guides always has first aid modern box and radio-connectivity;
- in the process of routes’ development, securing safety was taken into account, according to which the main part of the trails are accessible for 4x4 vehicles and in case of any necessity it is possible to arrange evacuation of participants;
- participants should have their own hiking boot, hiking stick, hat, sunscreen, glasses, Geretex jacket, rain jacket, gaiters, sleeping bag with comfort rating designed for -5C degree, headlamp, personal glass.
- 4-season tents designed for 2-3 persons,
- sleeping mattresses (thickness 3 cm);
- portable camping toilet and solar shower is available;
- in June, night temperature in Geghama Mountains sometimes drops up to 0 – (-5) degrees, hence participants can take either warmer sleeping bag or thermo wearing for the overnight stay;
- the best period for the given route is June-September. However depending on rainfall of the given year, in certain cases, sub-summit segment of Aragats Mountain may be covered by snow at the end of June. For this reason, please take into consideration this fact as well and be prepared with items required (Gaiters).
- please be tolerant to the fact, that depending on weather forecasts, the sequence of routes may be changed or totally removed from the program: being replacing by another route to ensure program efficiency;